Monday, June 21, 2010

The Squamish Dude



I hail from the singletrack paradise of Squamish, BC and will be racing in the Elite category.

I have been racing since '91.My background is in traditional xc racing but I have fallen in love with stage racing and I have competed in the TransRockies twice, TransAlps twice and LaRuta once.In under a week I will be doing my first BC Bike Race to help prepare for the World's in October.Highlights include two top 10 overall finishes at TR ( 4th in '05 and 7th in '07) as well as a career best in the Test of Metal this past weekend -placing 8th overall in the best field ever for the event that was won by our top Canadian rider Geoff Kabush.

The concept of a national team for the 24hr World's is a unique and exciting one. I had the opportunity to work with VANOC as a manager of the Welcome Center at the Athletes Village in Whistler for the 2010 Olympic and Paralympic Games.This dream job gave me a chance to see first hand how special it is to represent your nation at the highest level. I will bring those experiences along with me for the ride in Australia and enjoy it to the max.

Till then I am fortunate enough to have the best training ground in the world to prepare for the event here in Squamish, BC.Thanks to Exposure Lights for their huge support of Team Canada as well.

I am stoked to represent my country for the first time and experience a new adventure on two wheels.After the race my wife Erin and I will be hanging around in Australia for 6 months to chill out, visit friends and hit some races.

Dude out.

Kelly Servinski

No comments:

Post a Comment