Wednesday, June 16, 2010

So why Team Canada?

I've had the opportunity to serve Canada as a member of the Canadian
military and I've also represented Canada internationally in a variety
of competitions. I've always gained more if I can represent something larger
than myself. Team Canada - 24 Solo is much larger than me so I gladly jumped on-board.

The concept of Team Canada grew simply - to better represent a 24hr Solo
racing contingent at the World Solo Championship in Canberra this October.
With nothing more than a concept in place the ideas started to move back and
forth amongst the team members, one of the ideas eventually led to this
website. The goal of the site is to provide the team athletes, support crew
and fans a location where everyone can stay up to date on what's going on as
we approach Australia and of course what's happening at the race site and
during the actual race.

Already we have a fantastic sponsor onboard, Exposure Lights out of the UK
has been generous enough to provide the team with their MaXx-D and Diablo
lighting systems. If you haven't held the product in your hands you can't
fully appreciate how well these things are engineered. Shiny, black,
precise, I can imagine these in a Star Wars movie. If Darth Vader raced 24hr
Solo's he would almost certainly have a MaXx-D on his handlebars and a
Diablo mounted on his Vader helmet.

I'm looking forward to see who posts up next, whoever it is I bet they can't
use the word 'magnanimous' in their post-up. Dare ya'.

Till next time... Shaun

No comments:

Post a Comment