Thursday, July 29, 2010

Ready for World Solos in Australia

With 24 Hours of Adrenalin Canadian Nationals behind us we are now ready to move on to Australia. Congratulations to Cory Wallace and Carena Dean for well executed races and their 24 Hours of Adrenalin Canadian Championships. For me, Canmore was a great opportunity to log more training miles and get one last test of pit strategy before concentrating on the upcoming World Solo Championships.

Things went very well with my pit crew doing another fantastic job of feeding me, maintaining my bikes, and pushing me back out to do another lap. Thanks to my wife Colette for being the best pit boss I could ever ask for and to Craig, Stephanie, Tyler, and Dylan for helping out with all the little things that allow me to keep riding. Both of my Giant Anthems performed flawlessly all weekend thanks to the staff at Cyclepath Calgary. This race allowed me to try out our new Exposure lighting systems for the first time in race conditions and they were fantastic, no wires is a wonderful thing. The GU gels and chomps were a welcome addition to my race weekend diet as well.

Overall the event was a terrific weekend with all of the staff, volunteers, spectators, and other riders making it a wonderful experience. Everything from the setup of pit row and registration to the organization of all the volunteers and the finish was very well done. The new single track on the course was challenging and enjoyable, it will be nice to have a permanent course with such great trails. As usual, Crazy Larry kept everyone on their toes in the transition area and making it such a great feeling every time around. It is always nice to ride a 24 hour solo in Canmore thanks to great team riders, all night long the words of encouragement kept coming from everyone I met on the course.

Saturday morning we managed to get the five Team Canada in attendance together for a quick photo shoot with our new kits. It is a great group of guys to be heading over to Australia with and I am hearing that we may soon be joined by a couple of ladies as well. Let’s all go show the Aussies that even though the event isn’t in North America this year we can still give them a run for their money.

No comments:

Post a Comment