Monday, July 12, 2010

Jungle Night Rides

With all the heat out here in Squamish I've been nightriding more...a great way to get used to doing it again and also to test out the team's new Exposure Lights.With the worlds best singletrack network on my doorstep a nightride here is un-like any other...there are over 200 trails in our trail system in Squamish and I can put together any type of ride I want to challenge my nocturnal riding skills.A perfect training ground for me for the big race down under this fall.I ride for fun and don't have a training plan, I just ride my bike for as little or as long as I feel like everyday on awesome singletrack - who needs to train when the terrain here is so demanding yet inspiring?Spending time with my group of riding buddies, hanging out at the local cafes and ripping some sick trails is what I like to call "training".Make no mistake though, I'm heading down to Australia to compete and push myself - the holiday comes after the race!

Thanks to Exposure Lights I'm back out on my local trails after dark having fun.All of the people who check out my lights can't believe how rad they are..."What, no wires?"...."Hey, that things so bright, do you mind putting it on low when you follow me - I can't concentrate!"..."These suckers are so LIGHT!"...I am blown away by how slick these lights are, so beautiful to look at and yet packed with so much performance - how could anyone go back to using lights with wires again...not me that's for sure.

Here is a short video I took with my GoPro helmet cam on a ride a couple of nights ago with a friend of mine here in Squamish.Went out for about 2 hours of fun in the jungle...big trees, huge ferns,silence,fresh air and singletrack...my buddy Mike was in full tuck mode trying to drop me on this little trail that goes back towards his place...he got a bit of a gap on me but my lights had him lit up all the way down.Kept the vid short, working on my production style and having fun documenting some of the trails and rides I do here.

Stay tuned for more fun coming out of Squamish as I prepare for the World's!

Dude out.

1 comment:

  1. Great post Kelly. It was nice to finally meet you at BCBR and look forward to travelling to Australia to race with you again.

    ReplyDelete